LATEST BLOG POSTS
Workshops & Courses
New for 2017: Resilience in the Moment
A 1-day practical workshop tailored to the specific needs of the group, that provides an opportunity for any manager or employee to develop different ways of thinking and responding to day-to-day pressure situations. We follow a process that includes;
Increasing Awareness of what is happening to you and others in pressure situations, so you know that you need to take action sooner!
Generating Acceptance of what you can influence and change to effect the situations you are facing
Identifying Alternatives and choices for tackling the pressure points and maximising the resources you have available
Committing to Actions that will make areal difference and putting in place the means for producing sustainable changes and thriving at work.
(Also suitable for intact teams)
Managing Pressure for managers
A 1 day programme for managers, which focuses on ways they can most appropriately support their staff to deal with the demands they face and reduce the pressures they experience. At the same time identify ways of ensuring they build their personal resilience and take care of themselves.
Areas covered include:
- Early identification of the signs of growing pressure and stress
- Taking action to reduce some of the pressure that staff experience
- Developing and providing appropriate support mechanisms
- Carrying out conversations in pressure situations
- The effect their management style and approach has on generating pressure
Dealing with pressure
A one day programme that is suitable for all employees who need to find ways of:
- Thinking differently about difficult situations
- Developing a range of coping strategies to deal with daily pressures
- Positively responding to the specific pressures they are experiencing
- Increasing and maintaining their energy throughout the day and week
- Remaining healthy and productive at work
- Preventing the onset of stress
- Getting support when it is most needed
Building Personal Resilience
A one-day programme that also includes follow-up support, for anyone who wants to build their strength and skills in The Six Components of Personal Resilience®.
This will particularly help them to:
- Understand how to develop their personal resilience
- Deal with continuous change
- Manage periods of high demand
- Bounce back from difficult situations
- Remain confident and proactive under pressure
- Prevent chronic stress
- Sustain healthy energy
Developing Positive State of Mind
This 1 day workshop aims to provide insights and tools that will help managers to promote mental health, develop positive thinking strategies for themselves, and build emotional intelligence within their teams.
Areas we include are:
- What does state of mind mean and how people respond to the issues and challenges that affect their state of mind
- Developing a positive mental state and providing an example as a manager
- Responding to others’ concerns, anxieties and “difficult” emotional states
- Managing the effect that non-work situations have on people in the workplace
- Dealing with loss of confidence & lowered self-esteem
- Dealing with differences in thinking that can generate conflict
Negotiating for success
Everything is negotiable, so this workshop will particularly help specialists to have positive conversations and meetings with their external and internal clients, which result in more successful, win/win outcomes.
A series of practical inputs, activities and real situations will:
- Develop specific skills that each individual has identified
- Improve their understanding of using a negotiating process
- Test out different approaches and strategies
- Increase confidence dealing with more experienced “experts”
- Deal with the difficult tactics that others employ
- Resolve conflicts and differences
The team resilience challenge
This programme will provide a very different opportunity to:
- Agree what the team will need to do, to become more resilient
- Practice their team resilience skills in dealing with obstacles and the challenges they face
- Test out their new found resilience in a challenging and demanding task
- Make collective commitments on the ways that they will continuously review and build their resilience capability
- Establish the means to sustain changes and measure progress
Building Your Energy Reservoir
Autumn, as in nature is a great time for us to put in place the things that will replenish our energy store for the cold, wet months ahead. Start eating food that is filling and healthy, e.g. soups, stews… Make time to get out in the beautiful, clear light as much as possible. Set up a programme for becoming fitter, based around something you enjoy doing.
Understand what your money is doing right now, and consider ways you can invest for the near future. Produce a realistic plan so that you can spend wisely on the things, situations and people, that will enrich the most important parts of your life over Winter.
Who Energises You?
Remind yourself who the most important people you want to have in your life are. These people will provide the positive energy to help recharge your batteries. Plan how to spend more time with them. Stop investing your valuable time in those who drain the life out of you.