LATEST BLOG POSTS
Consequences of stress
When stress becomes an issue there are a wide range of possible consequences for individuals, teams and across whole parts of the organisation. These would typically include:
For the individual
- Stops caring
- Hard to concentrate
- Relationships suffer – both work and home
- Communication gets worse
- Health begins to suffer
- They make mistakes
- Decision making is hard
- Depression can start to deepen
- …plus a wide range of other symptoms.
For the team
- Increased conflicts
- Imbalanced workloads
- Focus on protecting self
- Lack of support & care
- Blaming of others for problems
- Issues are not dealt with
- An excessive hours culture develops
- Competition rises
- Resources are overstretched
For the organisation
- Staff turnover increases
- Productivity and efficiency suffer
- Presentee-ism happens more and more
- Pressure on team members due to staff shortages or numbers of inexperienced newcomers
- Quality of work goes down
- Errors increase
- Communication deteriorates
- Commitment levels go down
- Customer service and response gets worse
- People are less supportive of each other
- Morale suffers
- Absenteeism increases
Building Your Energy Reservoir
Autumn, as in nature is a great time for us to put in place the things that will replenish our energy store for the cold, wet months ahead. Start eating food that is filling and healthy, e.g. soups, stews… Make time to get out in the beautiful, clear light as much as possible. Set up a programme for becoming fitter, based around something you enjoy doing.
Understand what your money is doing right now, and consider ways you can invest for the near future. Produce a realistic plan so that you can spend wisely on the things, situations and people, that will enrich the most important parts of your life over Winter.
Who Energises You?
Remind yourself who the most important people you want to have in your life are. These people will provide the positive energy to help recharge your batteries. Plan how to spend more time with them. Stop investing your valuable time in those who drain the life out of you.